Monday, July 16, 2007

Sun Sets on Moscow 7.17







Woke this morning with a terrible stomachache that lasted most of the day. Went to the museum to finish condition reports, etc. The exhibition installation is coming along, with graphics and some paintings going on the walls today. At lunchtime, a Russian woman by the name of Natalie accompanied me to a pharmacy to buy some stomach medicine. She was very sweet, and has a daughter living in Virginia. She is a guide for tour groups in Moscow. We returned to the museum café, where she ordered some plain rice and tea for me. We ate and talked, then returned to work.

I returned to the hotel by car around 4pm, and slept for a while. A fever developed, but has since broken. I am feeling significantly better, though empty, at 10:30 pm, as I pack up to head back to the USA. And so the sun sets on the Moscow leg of the adventure, and brings to a close the entire trip. Barring any unforeseen delays, I will be in NYC tomorrow, basking in my American surrounds. I’m looking forward to eating a slice of cheese pizza, and drinking Starbucks coffee. I’ll drop one more line from the US, just to conclude this travel journal. Thanks for tuning in.

4 comments:

Rob said...

Have enjoyed following your travels. It has been a daily staple the last couple of weeks.

Thanks

szipp said...

thanks for the chronicle

particularly enjoyed the commie kitsch. you had shots at leftover ephemera from the two giants of the old second world! pretty sweet. will be psyched to see what you brought back...

Pedro said...

glad that you have made it back safely (or have you). the trip sounded like great fun, and your chronicle was great fun for us to read. you writing style was very direct and at times, eh...cute. did you have any cigars on your trip?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Computador, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://computador-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.