Monday, July 9, 2007

So long Shanghai / Hello Helsinki











My last day in Shanghai was spent watching crates moved out of warehouses, into trucks, out of trucks, into warehouses, and then onto pallets. Watched hard working Chinese crews lifting and pushing and balancing and moving…We went from one warehouse to the cargo terminal of Pudong International Airport, a large, cavernous facility for “palletizing” crates to be loaded onto planes. The day was long and hot, but all went well. Had KFC sandwiches for lunch, and wound down with a few beers with colleagues across from the hotel. Took some final photos of the Nanjing Road at night, and inside the Shanghai No. 1 Food Store.

I’ve had a long and interesting stay in Shanghai, but am ready to move on…Next stop, though it will be brief, is Helsinki, Finland. I’ll certainly post from there if I’m able. If not, I’ll catch up with you once we reach Moscow…

2 comments:

Pedro said...

I guess you got sick of Chinese food. KFC in Shanghai. You are a good American. Remind me not ever haggle with you.

Pedro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.