Saturday, June 16, 2007

Leaving for Shanghai around June 30.


Chinese & Russian Visa Photos Chicago 5.2007

To begin, I'm traveling to Shanghai, Helsinki, and Moscow as an art courier on behalf of the Terra Foundation for American Art. I will oversee the deinstallation, condition reporting, crating, and transport of several artworks belonging to the Foundation. I will return to New York around July 17. This blog is a record of my travels.

The plans are in the works, and the schedule's being set. Have yet to get an airline ticket, but will take care of that next week. Have procured my Chinese Visa, and am working with Guggenheim registrars to process my Russian business visa. This has been a long and drawn out process.

In addition to this blog, I am in the process of preparing three cd-rs of recorded music for the trip. I will deposit five of each disc in each city I visit. More to come on this.

5 comments:

Iburiedpaul said...

"Art courier"? I saw that movie with Johnny Depp and Penelope Cruz ; )

Pedro said...

Remember not to eat any strange meat in China. They eat dogs. Also, I hope you are packing heat in Moscow. Oh, and don't forget the Bourbon in Helsinki, they love american liquor.

stereogab said...

Looking forward to reading about your exploits er I mean travels.

T. Ross said...

How come you are 20% larger for Russia than China?

PJB said...

good comments all...unexpected, but great to get! you're all so witty!